A downloadable game for Android
- Slipstream Rider
- A tilt to play android game where the player has fly around helping othert ships avoid asteroids using your slipstream.
- Our game is designed around the single mechanic of movement. The play needs to move to avoid obstacles but their movement also creates a slipstream behind them that the other ships will latch onto and follow. Score is built up by getting other ships to follow your slipstream. This means the player has to be consious of how his moving not only effects himself but the other objects. You lose points if you guide a ship into an obstacle causing it to get destroyed but you are also rewarded with a powerup so maybe sometimes it might be worth destroying a ship on purpose despite losing score.
- The game is intended to run on Android.
- We made use of the Unity Engine to develop our game.
The background song was created by FreeSnakes "https://soundcloud.com/freesnakes/imp-twilight-oddyssey" who gave us permission to use it. We also used the "Explosive Realistic VFX Texture Free" made by "Gustav Hagerling" from the Unity Asset store.
- This project was built by two people in under 48 hours: Cael and Paddy.
Download the apk on your Android device and run it to install the game. (Make sure you have allowed installation of apps from unknown sources in your settings -> security).
Leave a comment
Log in with your itch.io account to leave a comment.